Firestoke announces 2D run ‘n’ gun platformer Planet Cube: Edge for early 2023 on consoles and PC.
Today publisher Firestoke announced it is working with developer Sunna Entertainment to bring 2D run ‘n’ gun platformer Planet Cube: Edge to consoles and Steam in early 2023.
Planet Cube: Edge plunges players into a peaceful cube-shaped world disturbed by an unknown force. As Edge, a skilled engineer who can shoot, jump and run, players must navigate an underwater weapon facility crammed with enemies and dangers aplenty.
Sunna Entertainment’s epic emphasizes precision and skill, and dresses the entire adventure in beautifully handcrafted pixel art. It’s a classic combination of easy to learn and hard to master, delivering just the kind of addictive “just one more try” flow that core indie gamers crave.
Firestoke CEO Paul Farley said, “The moment we first saw Planet Cube: Edge, our team fell in love. We were immediately drawn into the retro visual style, but once we started playing we couldn’t put the gamepad down! We are therefore over the moon to be able to work with the talented team at Sunna Entertainment to bring this amazing game to PC and console gamers around the world in early 2023. Planet Cube: Edge embodies the “joy, not violence” mantra we live by at Firestoke and is the perfect example of the kind of game we want to bring to market.”
Features of Planet Cube: Edge
- A Hero’s Journey: Play as Edge, an unlikely hero thrown into the midst of a mysterious alien invasion that threatens his homeworld.
- Precision Platforming: Fast, precision platforming that’s easy to learn but difficult to master. Tailored challenges will put your skills to the test as you make your way through the facility.
- Epic Boss Battles: Four gigantic bosses that will test your skill, reflexes and determination!
- Tough but Fair: Regular checkpoints, instant respawns, and unlimited tries make for an accessible precision platforming experience.
- Level Diversity: Traverse 8 levels including a high-tech underwater weapon facility, underwater rooms, train stations, and surface structures.
- A visual treat: Meticulously handcrafted pixel art that’s stunning with high frame rate animations and memorable character designs in motion.
- Leaderboards: Battle your way to the top of the leaderboards by beating the community runs.
Emilio Monge Vasquez, CTO at Sunna Entertainment, adds: “Planet Cube: Edge was a game from the start, born out of our love for games that feel good and are hard to put down. We strive to make a game that we’re really proud of, and we’ve spent long nights and days doing it. We’re really happy to be working with a publisher like Firestoke who sees this and shares our thoughts on how much fun our game really is. See you all in early 2023 on PCs and consoles near you.”
Virgilio Solis Rojas, CEO of Sunna Entertainment, concluded, “After years of hard work, we are finally close to releasing Planet Cube: Edge. It’s hard to express how happy we are and we can’t wait to get it out for players to experience.”