Destiny 2 is rolling out the red carpet for the king tonight. For the first time in a long time, players can once again enter the Dreadnaught’s gates and play the legendary raid Kingsfall. And even for free. MeinMMO tells you everything you need to know about the Raid start of Königfall and the Worlds First race.
What about the return of the king? There are several content treasures slumbering in Destiny’s past. Including raids, which the players once passionately gambled up and down in Destiny 1.
As part of the so-called legacy content, however, Bungie is bringing these activities to Destiny 2 bit by bit so that the new generation of Guardians also have the opportunity to discover them.
- In 2021, Bungie brought back The Glass Chamber, the Destiny franchise’s first-ever raid.
- In 2022 follows “Königsfall”, the legendary raid from “The Taken King” with Oryx, Savathun’s brother and invites the players on another nostalgia trip.
Everything you need to know about starting Kingsfall
When does the raid start? This Friday, August 26, at 7:00 p.m. German time. From then on, the competition mode will also run and you have exactly 24 hours to complete it.
If everything goes according to plan, the competition mode will end on Saturday, August 27, at 7:00 p.m. German time. This means you can play the raid at your own pace afterward, and you’ll likely have to contend with a low power level requirement as well.
Who can join? Everyone who wants and is already in favor. The King’s Fall Raid is free-to-play, meaning no expansions or a Season Pass are required to start it. Only your power level should be right.
What is the recommended power level? Your Warden needs a power level of 1560 for Competitive mode to be able to compete in all encounters. If you are stronger, you have no advantage.
A notice: With this power level specification, Bungie only refers to the first 24 hours. After the 24 hours and thus the competition mode, the power level requirements could change again.
What loot is expected? Similar to the Vault of Glass, the Kingsfall raid could also bring back the old legendary weapons from the raid, which will then also be craftable via weapon crafting. It is not yet known whether there will be additional special master versions to be won later, in the grand master difficulty level.
It currently looks as if the following weapons could drop in the raid:
- Resistance by Yasmin (sniper rifle)
- Pain of Merain (Pulse Rifle)
- ruin of Chelchis (Scout Rifle)
- Terminus of Qullim (machine gun)
- Tortured Reckoning of Midha (Fusion Rifle)
- Curse of Zaouli (handgun)
With the legendary armor of the raid, you can probably look forward to these chic clothes.
Light.gg also shows two shaders that players can get in the raid.
- On the one hand, that would be the shader “Ancient Wisdom”
- As well as the Mangled Flesh shader
In addition, an in-game ornament revealed that the “Vicious Touch” will also be available as an exotic from the King’s Fall raid. So, look forward to some sadistic gameplay.
The characteristics of this exotic scout rifle would also bring its once sadistic quirk to Destiny 2.
- Touch of Malice: The last round in the magazine deals bonus damage. In doing so, it drains life force from the weapon bearer, which then regenerates itself. Killing three targets quickly restores health.
Worth knowing about the 24h competition mode: As already mentioned, the competition mode is active in the first 24 hours after the start of the King’s Fall raid.
Everyone can participate in the so-called Worlds First race or watch Destiny players on Twitch or YouTube as they compete for victory and the prize.
- In the first step, all participating teams must successfully complete the King’s Fall raid once within 24 hours.
- If the raid is cracked in competition mode, a challenge mode (challenge mode) is unlocked – including a list of associated triumphs.
- The challenges also have the Extinguished modifier, which results in an immediate return to orbit if you fail to complete any of the challenges. (Does not apply in the normal, first pass.)
- Whoever does this first, however, will be crowned the winner of the World First race by Bungie.
- All of this only applies to the first 24 hours. After that, the challenges disappear again. However, these will be available again later in Season 18.
What is there to win? Traditionally, winners will receive a prestigious Bungie World Champion belt as a special reward for the World First Clear. In addition, everyone will receive a special emblem for successfully completing all challenges within the first 24 hours.
Any other tips? Yes. So if you want to play the raid on the first day and take part in the competition, you should make a few preparations. MeinMMO has already put together 7 practical tips for the “pupil’s oath” that can also be useful in this raid.
7 Destiny 2 tips to know before launching the new Vow of the Apprentice raid
In addition, our author Christos Tsogos, with his Destiny 1 King’s Fall experience, has put together a list of weapons that you should plan for the raid.
Are you with us tonight? And are you looking forward to a new raid experience or the return of this raid? Or leave this comeback and activity cold. Let other readers of MeinMMO and us know in the comments.